HI, my name is Anne.
I like a lot of stuff. I don't do a lot of stuff.
I like talking to strangers.
In the name of moon this is a holdup, bitch!
Thanks @asieybarbie and @babsdraws for the inspiration!
If you play Pokemon X and Y and you are intending on getting a shiny Gengar from the Gengar event at GameStop, PLEASE READ THIS POST!
I went to GameStop today intending to get my free shiny Gengar (as all of the posters said, free. FREE as in NO PURCHASE NECESSARY) and the employee behind the counter told the customer in front of me that they could only get a card for a shiny Gengar if they pre-ordered Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. That sounded like really shady bullshit to me, so I got out of line, eyed the poster, saw absolutely nothing about pre-ordering being necessary, said “bullshit,” and left. Later, I googled the event and found an entire reddit thread of people who had the same experience. On this thread, I discovered that GameStop said on its own Facebook page that there is no purchase necessary, and that evidently, some stores have been told to tell customers they had to pre-order. Surprise surprise, GameStop has shitty business practices. Someone on the thread eventually found a store with a manager that insisted that they were supposed to be free and that the other stores were scamming customers.
If this happens to you, DO NOT pay for anything. GameStop is a terrible business as we all know and they do not need your pre-order money. Show them the poster IN THEIR OWN STORE that says “no purchase necessary,” or if it doesn’t, pull up this picture on GameStop’s Facebook page in which it says no purchase necessary on the poster.
I reported this store to Nintendo’s customer service, and they were totally on my side. They said that there is absolutely no purchase or pre-order necessary, they took the store’s information, and took my information in case they need to verify anything more with me. She said that if I know of any other stores that are doing this to report them as well. They even took my serial number just in case they can get me a code directly. Nintendo customer service 10/10. GameStop 0/10.
Here’s Nintendo’s number in case the same thing happens to you: 1-800-255-3700. I don’t recommend calling GameStop, because you never know whether they’re going to be unbiased about it. Nintendo, on the other hand, wants people’s free Pokemon to be free.
Please tell other people about this so they don’t get scammed. Goddamn I hate GameStop.
remember 2001-2004 though???!? remember windows xp and kerrang and neopets and shrek being a big deal and beyblades and ps2 skating/snowboarding games and “i believe in a thing called love” and flash video sites and avril lavigne and wearing chains on jeans and t.A.T.u. and seeing LOTR and PotC in cinemas and how every boy looked like reese from malcolm in the middle
THIS TOO GUYS. BE SAFE.
This is sorta manditory to reblog.
This joint kills you faster than the bubonic plaque. True
thats because it was designed in the lab to do that
Oh jesus christ. Not one of these “Let’s talk about the symptoms without discussing the realities of the disease!” shit posts. All these do is make people panic and think their cold is some sneaky form of Ebola.
OKAY LISTEN UP YOU GUYS. ITS TIME TO PULL UP A CHAIR, TURN ON YOUR SCIENCE EARS AND:
(I’m using Bill Nye because this is gonna be a goddamn science talk and I know you people love nostalgia)
HERE ARE SOME VERY IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT EBOLA:
- EBOLA IS ONLY TRANSMITTED THROUGH CONTACT WITH THE BLOOD OR BODY FLUID OF AN INFECTED PERSON.This is why one of its nicknames is “the Caregiver’s disease”! Because most people who contract it are people who were taking care of an infected patient or handled bodies with Ebola. So the general rule of thumb to avoid Ebola (and dozens of other disease much more prevalant everywhere) is: IF YOU SEE BLOOD OR BODILY FLUIDS THAT’S NOT FROM YOUR BODY - DON’T FUCKING TOUCH IT.
- THE EBOLA VIRUS HAS A SHITTY SURVIVAL RATE OUTSIDE A HOST. This means that once a strain of the virus leaves a person’s body outside through blood, vomit, snot, etc - it can’t survive very long at all. In fact many scientific studies find that it’s hard to estimate exactly how long it can survive because their samples tend to start to break down before they can even run tests. This means sitting on a toilet seat in Dallas will not get you fucking ebola.
- ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THIS OUTBREAK HAS GOTTEN SO BAD IS DUE TO SHITTY HEALTH CONDITIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE INFECTED COUNTRIES. And by shitty, I mean it’s hard to get clean water and supplies level of shitty. While we can argue about the shitty state of US healthcare (and it’s 100% valid discussion) - it really doesn’t compare to what these clinics have.
- IT DOES NOT HAVE A 100% MORTALITY RATE. Yes, it can be very deadly (from 25-90%), but again, most of the reasons it’s been so deadly is because of the shitty health conditions pointed out in #3. But it is completely possible to survive through Ebola if you get proper treatment (which you shouldn’t have it in the first place if you followed #1).
- NOT EVERY AFRICAN COUNTRY HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH EBOLA. In fact compared to other epidemics, the rate this one has spread is small (I mean it is tragic, no question about that, but objectively speaking it doesn’t even hold a candle to the Bubonic plague, Spanish Influenza, HIV/AIDS or even H1N1). The countries infected are Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia, all located in West Africa. And by infected, I mean about 0.0004% of their combined populations of 20 million are infected - which in pandemic terms this is tiny. So if you or your friends or your family who are either traveling or living in other parts of Africa you really shouldn’t worry about Ebola because- Africa is fucking huge.
- THERE IS NO SOLID EVIDENCE IT WAS CONSTRUCTED IN A LAB. This is a conspiracy theory that’s been thrown out there in order to explain why it’s so deadly. People get anxious, and they blame what they can.
And that’s it! It pretty much boils down to it’s really not something to panic about - and you shouldn’t handle other people’s bodily fluids or blood without proper equipment. Which- you really shouldn’t do that at anytime, anyplace.
Tbh money would solve all of my problems right now like I could move out and pay for school and take care of my mental health and overall I would just be happy and in a better place so I get really annoyed when people are like “money can’t make you happy” uh you obviously never experienced financial instability and dependence so please shut the fuck up you pretentious shit.